If you feel like trying something different for a change, try this mushroom risotto. It's full of flavour and absolutely delicious.
1,5 cup wine (white dry wine)
1 cup chicken stock and 3,5 cups warm water
1,5 cup arborio rice
2 small onions/1 large onion
500g Mushrooms of your choice – button mushrooms/ brown mushrooms
2 Tbsp Grated parmesan
1 handful of fresh Basil
2 tsp dried parsley OR 1 handful fresh parsley
1 tsp dried chives
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the chopped mushrooms.
2. Stir in the mushrooms until soft and then remove from the saucepan and set the mushrooms aside.
3. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to saucepan and add the onions, cook until translucent before adding the rice.
4. Stir the rice until coated with oil and a light golden colour has formed.
5. Pour in the wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed.
6. Add ½ cup stock to the rice and stir until absorbed. Continue adding the stock/water to the rice ½ cup at a time, stirring continuously until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked, about 20 minutes.
7. Add in some dried or fresh parsley, chives, garlic and salt and pepper to taste and stir.
8. Add 4 Tbsp of fresh basil, the mushrooms and 2 Tbsp ground/grated parmesan and stir well.
9. Serve hot