The only Lentil Curry you'll ever make!
During this time at home, I’ve been loving my time in the kitchen. This recipe is the perfect healthy meal. It can be served hot or even cold the next day!
Makes 4 servings
1 Tbsp olive oil/avocado oil
1 tin lite coconut milk
2 tins tomato
½ cup coriander, chopped
1 cup red lentils
1 garlic clove or 1 heaped tsp garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp curry powder
1. Chop up the onion and garlic clove.
2. In a pot, fry the onion in olive oil.
3. Once the onion is translucent, add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, curry powder, coriander and mix together.
4. Once the onion, garlic and spices have cooked a bit, add the tinned tomatoes and coconut milk. Mix well and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the lentils to the pot. Stir well and let it cook at a lower temperature for about 20 minutes.
6. Once the lentils are soft, add the chopped spinach and cook for about 2 minutes or until mixed in and cooked.
7. Serve hot.